Best Places to Retire Overseas
The best places to retire overseas are particular destinations in Latin America and Southeast Asia.
You can live very well on little money in these parts of the world.
In Latin America, the countries that offer the best values now are Nicaragua and Ecuador.
In Nicaragua, the top destinations are Granada and San Juan del Sur.
In Ecuador, the top destination is Cuenca.
In these destinations your money can go a lot farther and your quality of life can be a lot better than in your home country.
With the income from an average pension or social security check, you can eat out often, have a maid, and have enough money left over to take vacations. If you have more income, you can live extremely well.
About the destinations
Chances are you’ve already heard about Cuenca, Granada, and San Juan del Sur. They’re well-known. Many English-speaking expats are happily retired in them right now. Each of them has:
- A year-round spring or summer climate
- A lower cost of living than the USA
- A lower crime rate than the USA
- All the western comforts
- Friendly local people
- Excellent and inexpensive medical care
- High-speed internet and cable or satellite TV
- An established English-speaking expat community
- Many things to do, including cultural, educational, and outdoor activities
I just want to compliment you for your fine video about Cuenca. This video gave me the best feel for Cuenca out of all materials I’ve used yet. It was fun and helpful to hear from so many distinct perspectives. I feel as though I’ve already visited Cuenca before actually landing at the airport for the first time! Paul Green – Winchester, VA
About our videos
The best way to learn what it’s like to live in the developing world is to talk to people who live there. The best way to learn which city or town would be best for you to is also to talk to people who live there, and see it on video.
We make videos that show everyday life in special destinations. They include interviews with a variety of expats who live there. They answer the following questions about what it’s like to live there. With our videos, you’ll know the real truth about a place before you decide to go:
- How is the food?
- How is the shopping?
- What is the cost of living>?
- How is the health care, and what does it cost?
- Do you need to know the language?
- Are you concerned about safety?
- Do you need a car?
- What is there to do there?
- Where do you meet people?
- What is the English-speaking community like?
- How friendly are the locals?
- Where do you eat and drink, and what does it cost?
- What are the pros and cons of living or retiring there?
- And much more!
The biggest cost of living or retiring overseas can be visiting all the places that interest you. That’s fine if you can afford it, but it isn’t necessary.
Our videos are practically like being there. You’ll know where to stay, where to eat, what to do, what the people are like, and what to expect if you go.
You’ll save yourself weeks or months of research time, and you won’t spend your time or money going to places you won’t like.
You can either guess and go.
Or you can know before you go!
Or subscribe to our mailing list. We’ll send you an email when we release our next videos. We’re currently filming in Panama, although Panama is more expensive than Ecuador and Nicaragua.