Best Places to Retire Overseas
Featured Destination: Cuenca, Ecuador
Cuenca is often named one of the best places to retire in the world. It’s a clean and beautiful world heritage city. Now you can know in one hour if it’s right for you.
Welcome to the best places to retire overseas
In the best places to retire overseas, you’ll be part of an English-speaking expat community, your money will go a lot farther than in your home country, and your quality of life can be a lot better than in your home country.
In these places, with the income from an average pension or social security check, you can eat out often, have a maid, and even have enough money left over to take vacations. If you have more income, you can live extremely well.
So instead of just playing more golf in retirement, or cutting corners and trying to make ends meet in retirement, you can have a better quality of life, on less money, with new friends and new experiences, in a new environment.
We make videos about the best places to retire overseas, so you’ll know if a destination is right for you before you go, and you won’t spend your time and money going to places you won’t like.
Each destination in our series has:
- A year-round spring or summer climate
- A lower cost of living than the USA
- A lower crime rate than the USA
- All the western comforts
- Excellent and inexpensive medical care
- High-speed internet and cable or satellite TV
- An established English-speaking expat community
- Many things to do, including cultural, educational, and outdoor activities
The best places to retire overseas are located in Latin America and Southeast Asia. You can live very well on little money in these parts of the world, with as few or as many other westerners as you like.
In Latin America, Ecuador and Nicaragua offer the best values right now, so we started with the best destinations in these countries.
In Ecuador, the top destination is Cuenca.
In Nicaragua, the top destinations are Granada and San Juan del Sur.
See our Cost of Living in Ecuador and Nicaragua video for some example costs in these destinations.
About our videos
Our videos are designed to make choosing where to retire overseas as easy and reliable as possible, because:
- 1. Video is the best way to experience a destination before you go,
- 2. People who are already retired in a destination are the best source of information about what it’s like to retire there, and
- 3. It can take more time and money than you want to spend to visit the all the places where you might want to retire.
Our videos profile the best places to retire overseas, and a variety of expats who live there answer the following questions about each place, so you can easily know if a place is right for you before you go:
- How is the food? The shopping? What does it cost?
- How is the health care, and what does it cost?
- Do you need to know the language?
- Are you concerned about safety?
- Do you need a car?
- What is there to do there?
- Where do you meet people?
- Where do you eat and drink, and what does it cost?
- What is the English-speaking community like?
- What are the pros and cons of living or retiring there?
- And much more!
You’ll know in one hour if Cuenca, Ecuador is likely to meet your overseas retirement expectations. No hype, but a first hand look at what it’s really like to live in this top retirement haven. LiveAndInvestOverseas.com
I was impressed with the number of topics covered and the balanced approach. I wish we had this video before we moved! Trust me, the video is well produced and has quality content. GringosAbroad.com
Choosing where to live or retire overseas is a big decision. If you choose the wrong place, you won’t be as happy as you could be, and you could be out a significant amount of time and money before you move on. There’s fine if you have enough time and money, but you can avoid spending the time and money going to places that aren’t best for you.
It comes down to this:
You can either guess and go.
Or you can know before you go!
Now you can know where to go before you go, if we’ve made a video about it. You’ll see the destination up close. You’ll meet a variety of people and learn from them what it’s like to live there. You’ll know where to stay, where to eat, what to do, what the people are like, and what to expect if you go.
Or if you aren’t interested in these destinations, get on our mailing list. We’ll send you an email when we release our next videos. We’re currently filming in Panama.